Updated: Sep 24
We are gearing up for one of the biggest shows of the year. If you have never been to Harvest Days, you are missing an amazing event.
This 4-day festival is packed with things to do and see.
Happening every September in Dwight, IL is the biggest festival in the area. There is really something for everyone's taste and budget. The town closes downtown and puts a music stage right in the middle of town.
During the day this stage hosts Comedians and Lip Sync Contests and each night a different live band comes to perform. There is a craft fair with more than 200 vendors making it the perfect event to find early Christmas gifts, Fall Decorations and fun items. The food vendors make this event worthwhile, choose from many trucks showcasing the great tastes of the Midwest. Don't forget to bring the kids to look at the parade, tractor pull, petting zoo and carnival.
Here is a full list of events and activities.
-Purchase a Harvest Days Button for $5 and enter to win one of five $150.00 awards. Buttons are available at local shops.
-Skinners Amusement's Carnival
Open from 5pm-9pm
Bracelets are available each day for unlimited rides. Thursday has a discount. Carnival runs from Thursday to Sunday.
-Main Stage Bingo. The main stage is dedicated to Bingo at 6pm. Come out and yell Bingo for your chance to win big!
- LED light show performed by Ki. Right downtown is a beautiful, old-time clock and park. If you're near the area from 7pm to 9pm stop and watch the 3D light show.
- Dwight Harvest Days Car Show. The Car Shows are always jam packed. More than 200 cars will park in downtown Dwight to show off their styles. More than 20 awards will be given to the cars and trucks with the best styles. These can be seen from 3pm-7:30pm right downtown. Awards will be announced at 7pm.
-Carnival is ready to toss you around and create beautiful memories with loved ones. The carnival operates from 5pm to 9pm, get tickets at the Main entrance.
- Kiddie Tractor Pull an annual tradition will take place at Peoples National Bank of Kewanee. Have your little one pull a tractor, or just come see how cute all this is.
-The Back Pages will perform 60's inspired covers on the Main Stage from 5pm-9pm.
- Dwight Harvest Days Bags Tournament at Willy's Pub. Willy's Bag Tournament brings the best of the best. Offering more than $500 in prizes, 80 teams will compete for the chance to call themselves champion. Sign up starts at 10am with limited entry and those bags fly at 11am.
- 2022 Cutest Baby Contest Check out the Cutest Baby Contest and vote for your favorite. Who can stand so much cute in one place, not me! One cute baby will win the title. (To enter get entry form from www.DwightHarvestDays.com
-Dwight Harvest Days 5k Run and 3K Fun Run/Walk in Renfrew Park
Registration is $30 on day of race. Renfrew Park is beautiful with 100-year-old trees and 60 acres. Walk or run the winding path for fun and fresh air. Awards will be given to top Male and Female racers in each age group. Every participant gets a special tee shirt for participating.
- Dwight Woman's Club is giving FREE Pumpkin Carving Kits at the Historic Depot in Downtown Dwight from 9am to 12pm.
- Kiddie Carnival 10am to 12pm Historic Depot. Are your little ones too small for the Carnival? Come check out the Kiddie Carnival for some Toddler fun.
-Free Face Painting 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm at the Historic Depot.
-Free Caricature Drawings will be in a booth downtown from 9am to 3pm.
-Canines in the Clouds will be performing at 10am, 1:30pm and 4pm at the local Dairy Queen. Check out this awesome show with talented Doggos.
-Craft Fair, Flea Market and Food Vendors. Downtown will host more than 200 vendors showing their wares. This is the place to be. Come say Hi to us in our craft booth filled with Pop Art Candles and Home Goods.
-Ax Throwing Try your hand at the mobile Ax Throwing booth across from Willy's from 10am to 6pm. Sure to be a thrilled, unique experience.
-Live Callaloo Music 10:00am- 10:45am and 11:15am - 12:00am at the Main Stage.
- Skinners' Carnival 1pm-10pm
- Trivia Contest 1:30pm - 2:30pm, Main Stage. With Cash Prizes.
- MAIN STAGE, Breaking Storm and The Silver Strings will perform live music from 6pm to 9pm.
- Bingo at the Historic Depot starting at 6pm.
- Parade Caribbean Theme starts at 1pm begins with the Bassett Waddle at 12:45pm. Bring a chair and sit on Mazon street to watch all the local high school bands march, floats and candy. Awards will be presented for best float and best band.
-Carnival is open from 1pm to 5pm.
-Main Stage Musical Sounds of Mick Porter 10am to 11:30am.
-Main Stage Kankakee Lands the Silhouettes 2pm to 5pm.